The ideal candidate’s favorite words are learning, data, scale, and agility. You will leverage your strong collaboration skills and ability to extract valuable insights from highly complex data sets to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Link to Github, portfolio, or other sample of your work.
Collective Liberty is an award winning national anti-human trafficking organization that was founded in 2018 to harness and elevate the work being done by national anti-trafficking stakeholders ranging from law enforcement to technology specialists. We work across private and public sectors, working on Artificial Intelligence in order to develop the resources, and data-driven solutions necessary to permanently change unjust systems. We are currently working to identify and eradicate the systems that enable human trafficking in the United States and North America in collaboration with hundreds of agencies and thousands of stakeholders across the continent.
Together our staff and board members have over 50 years of experience in law enforcement, data and intel analysis, strategic management, and direct experience on the impacts of trafficking. We work to leverage our collective wisdom and strengths so that we are constantly learning from each other and from our partners in the field. All members of the organization are encouraged to use their lived experiences to refine and improve strategy and project goals so that Collective Liberty, and the impact it produces, is as strong as possible.
A core intervention that has proven invaluable in Collective Liberty’s mission of transforming the systems that work to combat trafficking is cutting-edge, strategic research. The Data Scientist will have a unique opportunity to explore different research and analysis methods, data sources, and the ability to enhance the field’s understanding of what the different populations experience.
Successful candidates will have the ability to extract meaningful, top-level analysis and help other team members understand the significance of findings. Our Data Scientist will work with senior leadership to inform and guide business decisions, lead data science projects using predictive analytics, data modeling, and machine learning; managing data, intelligence analysis support, and referral partner support. Coordinates directly with IT and development teams.
There may be potential to engage in statistical modeling and predictive analytics depending on what stage research is at. Therefore all candidates should be flexible and look forward to working in a collaborative, team building environment.
– Designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
– Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and models complex business problems.
– Works with cross-discipline teams in order to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems, and that analysis goals are aligned with emerging trends and opportunities
– Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations, in line with emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
– May develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve business performance.
– Gather data from open sources, updates and maintains datasets, and manages intern support for these projects.
– Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets; clean and format data for easy (easier) analysis by other team members
– Familiarity with disciplines such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Statistical Analysis and Hypothesis testing.
– Experience with SQL and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Perl, PHP)
– Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, Aurora, Redshift and S3)
– Experience with R is a plus
– ML/AI experience is nice to have
– 3+ years experience as Data Scientist/Analyst
– Bachelors degree in related field
– Proficient with Python and R languages
– Experience with SQL and/or Postgres
– Worked with modern BI and analytic software platforms such as: Tableau, Qlik, SPSS, Modeler, SAP Hana, etc
Applicants that have been affected by trafficking and related experiences are strongly encourage to apply.
· Flexible/Remote Work options
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Optional: Short and Long Term disability insurance
Salary Range: $70-78,000 (commensurate with experience) plus benefits
We encourage applications from candidates of all race, class, gender, sexuality, and nationality, religious and other group identities; and we encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate ability to foster an inclusive work environment and work with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds, values, and nationalities. Survivors of human trafficking are strongly encouraged to apply.
At this time, we are unable to sponsor work visas.
· Remote work with options for meeting in-person in Washington, DC, or digitally via Google Hangouts or Zoom Meeting.
· Meetings in-person will be in typical office settings.
· Internal communication with peers and CEO.
· Prolonged sitting, chiefly at a computer.
· Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment;
· Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
Survivors of human trafficking are strongly encouraged to apply. Collective Liberty is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, diverse workplaces free from all forms of harassment, bias, and discrimination. We foster an environment that truly embraces difference. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Collective Liberty endeavors to raise the voices of all those that are affected by trafficking and who seek to eradicate it. A learning organization, we act with humility and elevate the voices and profiles of those with lived experiences at the various intersections of human trafficking and anti-trafficking work, in our employment and also our field engagements and partnerships, including ceding the mic and our platform to important but often overlooked voices.
Our programming is bold and our teams are eager to iterate and adapt as needed, pursuing the opportunity to create large-scale impact in the fight for justice and system change. We know that one organization alone cannot radically change entrenched systems that enable human trafficking, and so we emphasize collaboration across industries, sectors, stakeholders, and agencies. We reach out to and connect stakeholders, especially those that have not been historically included, create an inclusive movement for sustainable change.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT:
- Cover letter, and
- Github, portfolio, or similar sample of your work/experience