OSINT/All-Source Intelligence Analyst
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Sample of your analytical work (redacted as needed)
Collective Liberty is an award winning national anti-human trafficking organization that was founded in 2018 to harness and elevate the work being done by national anti-trafficking stakeholders ranging from law enforcement to technology specialists. We work across private and public sectors, working on Artificial Intelligence in order to develop the resources, and data-driven solutions necessary to permanently change unjust systems. We are currently working to identify and eradicate the systems that enable human trafficking in the United States and North America in collaboration with hundreds of agencies and thousands of stakeholders across the continent.
Together our staff and board members have over 50 years of experience in law enforcement, data and intel analysis, strategic management, and direct experience on the impacts of trafficking. We work to leverage our collective wisdom and strengths so that we are constantly learning from each other and from our partners in the field. All members of the organization are encouraged to use their lived experiences to refine and improve strategy and project goals so that Collective Liberty, and the impact it produces, is as strong as possible.
OSINT Intelligence Analyst
A core intervention that has proven invaluable in Collective Liberty’s mission of transforming the systems that work to combat trafficking is cutting-edge, strategic research. Given that Collective Liberty is composed of civilians (i.e. not law enforcement) our research and intelligence analysis is based on open source data. The Intelligence Analyst will have a unique opportunity to work directly with the CEO and front line enforcement agencies to develop intelligence and provide analytical support for live investigations. This also creates an opportunity to enhance the field’s understanding of what the different populations experience.
Successful candidates will have the ability to extract meaningful, top-level analysis and help other team members understand the significance of findings. Our Intelligence Analyst will work with senior leadership to support and sometimes lead intelligence projects using state of the art technical tools and databases; managing data, intelligence analysis support, and referral partner support. Coordinates directly with data and program teams.
All candidates should be flexible and look forward to working in a collaborative, team building environment.
· Conduct collection and exploration of publicly available nformation via use of OSINT/all-source investigation methods
· Gather, synthesize, and analyze open source intelligence information in support of national and local anti-trafficking objectives, in-line with current security and confidentiality rules.
· Use and maintain databases and software applications, such as geographic information systems (GIS) and artificial intelligence tools, for sharing information in support of ongoing projects
· Effectively convey information for lay people and subject matter experts in written, and potentially oral, formats
· Utilizes link analysis, event flow analysis, and activity charting tools to analyze data; prepares graphic displays such as charts, maps, timelines, and related materials to effectively present statistical data.
· Coordinate and sometimes manage pro bono, intern, and fellow support as related to OSINT and data/intel analysis objectives.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, Aurora, Redshift and S3)
- Experience pulling different pieces of raw data into actionable intelligence and/or presentationsExperience with communicating issues related to criminal justice
- Experience finding and utilizing databases and open source information
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience with mapping languages or systems such as SQL or R
- Experience with anti-money laundering or organized criminal networks analysis
– 3+ years experience as Data/Intelligence Analyst
- Applicants that have been affected by trafficking or related experiences are strongly encourage to apply.
– Bachelors degree in related field
– Proficient with link analysis and report drafting
– Experience with data visualization software
– Worked with modern BI and analytic software platforms such as: Tableau, Qlik, SPSS, Modeler, SAP Hana, etc
· Flexible/Remote Work options
· Health Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Life Insurance
· Optional: Short and Long Term disability insurance
Salary Range: $70-78,000 (commensurate with experience) plus benefits
We encourage applications from candidates of all race, class, gender, sexuality, and nationality, religious and other group identities; and we encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate ability to foster an inclusive work environment and work with faculty, students, and staff from diverse backgrounds, values, and nationalities. Survivors of human trafficking are strongly encouraged to apply.
At this time, we are unable to sponsor work visas.
- Remote work with options for meeting in-person in Washington, DC, or digitally via Google Hangouts or Zoom Meeting.
- Meetings in-person will be in typical office settings.
- Internal communication with peers and CEO.
- Prolonged sitting, chiefly at a computer.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment;
- Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate in writing, in person and by phone.
Survivors of human trafficking are strongly encouraged to apply. Collective Liberty is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, diverse workplaces free from all forms of harassment, bias, and discrimination. We foster an environment that truly embraces difference. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Collective Liberty endeavors to raise the voices of all those that are affected by trafficking and who seek to eradicate it. A learning organization, we act with humility and elevate the voices and profiles of those with lived experiences at the various intersections of human trafficking and anti-trafficking work, in our employment and also our field engagements and partnerships, including ceding the mic and our platform to important but often overlooked voices.
Our programming is bold and our teams are eager to iterate and adapt as needed, pursuing the opportunity to create large-scale impact in the fight for justice and system change. We know that one organization alone cannot radically change entrenched systems that enable human trafficking, and so we emphasize collaboration across industries, sectors, stakeholders, and agencies. We reach out to and connect stakeholders, especially those that have not been historically included, create an inclusive movement for sustainable change.